View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
All you A2A fans need to realize that none of their current modeling practices would be accepted by Oleg because they have no damage model, no weapons, and as far as I know, no internal structure.
That's why they could simply make mods for existing aircraft rather than the whole of it.

For example, you get Oleg's stock 109E that includes all those things you mentioned. Then A2A comes along and releases "109E enhanced: mod for IL2:CoD" or something like that, which includes the extra bits: stuff like detailed procedures, the carry-over of wear and tear from one mission to the next and a mechanic's dossier telling us what's wrong with the plane, for people who like to add some extra immersion in their single player campaigns or some extra challenge in their multiplayer habits.

People who want to fly and fight stick with the stock model, people who want the extra something get the mod and install it. And most of all, all of them can play on the same servers with a single installation of the game, because there's a server-enforced list of allowed mods that turns them on and off for you automatically, much like the difficulty settings.

Well, at least that's how i would do it if i wanted to accommodate as many people as possible without dividing the community. There is always a way