View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

I replayed my Mage Summoner build, this time using Demonologists to help out.

I dropped red dragons from the mix and only used one to help me out. I couldn't get the Emerald Dragon because I didn't have enough leadership to carry all 50/50/50 guys in one shot.

Black Dragons, Rune Mages, Demonologists were the primary mix. Later on, I would throw in Black Knights to help me with Ktahu, Baal, and the first round of the Arena of Death. Very early game, I used Engineers as well.

Surprisingly, I was able to beat my old score and do it with zero losses.

Some highlights

- beat Hagni the first time around, so I can speed up travel later and get the treasure on Umkas
- used Archmage Skill to great success with the new 1.3.1 Rune Mages
- used Slow more effectively
- freed the Skull of Pain, achieving a much higher intellect rating
- Used Holy Anger level 3 (Mind Tree) for once... wow it is a great skill
- Killed Gremlion with Death Star
- Killed Baal with Black Hole (still used Black Knights for easier recovery though)
- 9 Days to win, down from 14!
- I avoided Ogres the first time around, but later on, my Dragon of Chaos was able to tank them.

I don't think the way I play, I could achieve 7 days. Mostly because my build requires me to go to Verona fairly early to get the Call Phoenix scroll, then go back to sweep everything. I can probably drop it to 8 days, but it seems like a lot of work.

I would have to not dilly dally as much while on Montero's Caves and possibly kill some enemies at lower levels as well.

It is a little strange beating Ktahu so early on though. In a weird way, it makes everything else seem so much easier in the second half of the game, which is somewhat fun.

I used mostly Summons. Occasionally, some battles I would do Summons + mega debuffs.

I mean, no real point in achieving a godly army if you can't really use it, right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Summoner-Fin1.JPG (322.6 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg Summoner-Fin2.JPG (334.6 KB, 140 views)