Thread: Tweaking chests
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, that code will work as you described. I think I posted a while ago asking if anyone knew how to get the game logic to check (from in the post-battle screen; in arena.lua iirc) what level your dragon treasure ability was at. My thought at the time was to modify the post-battle logic to act as if you had used the dig ability to dig up all available chests, while modifying the dragon ability script to pretend that there were no treasure chests available to dig up.
1. Give you 3 randomly selected pet-dragon chest rewards. Relatively easy modification of the script.
2. Give the pet dragon the appropriate experience. Would have been tricky - I'm not sure if the dragon can be given exp out of battle, so I might have had to give up on this idea or find an alternate workaround (e.g., give the experience at the start of the battle, or the start of round 1).
3. Increment the "rage used" counter for medals and statistics appropriately based on your skill level.

A minor cheat, but a big time-saver. Problem was I never got off ground zero, because I never could figure out (and nobody else filled me in) how to check dragon skill levels. If you happen to figure that out in digging around (aha...ha...ha...), let me know.