View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RAAF_Smouch View Post
After doing some testing I have found that you can have moving targets going through a "Destroy Ground" target area when making a MDS map.

One thing I would ask TD (if anyone of them read this) is that the target areas could be further expandable so that it would allow you to make sure your targets were always going to be in the area with out them having to do circles or stopping.

Or am I wrong in assuming that if you were to put two Destroy Ground target areas over lapping the second target are would calculate the win criteria from the amount of targets in its circle. by this I mean if you have as an example you have 3 columns of 4x panzers (12 tanks in total) and you assign the win criteria as 75% (9 tanks to destroy)and by the time they get to the second overlapping target area only five of them are destroyed, and the win criteria for target area No2 is 75% then you would have to destroy five tanks in that target sector.

In total you would have to destroy 14 tanks out of a possible 12.

Have I made any sense?
Yeah, I understand this, I'm wondering about this too. Does the win criteria for each circle only begin as the vehicles enter the circle? so if some vehicles where previously destroyed while in another 'target circle', does the new circle they enter calculate the win percentage based on the number of remaining vehicles? It would be nice to have a target 'corridor' instead of a circle for moving vehicles, but i know this is much more complicated to make than a circle.