View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

scott291: I just bought MoW and am on this mission as well. Certainly, you have moved along, but in case someone does a search for help on the welder I'll share what I figured out. MoW is a sequencially scripted game...you must complete the tasks in a specific order. In this mission you must clear out all the submarine guards before the game will give you access to the welder.

After you get access to the welder it still won't move until you click the action button on the far right to change its stance from firing to towing. Also, you must set the welder down near the forward hatch (the one closest inland)...the hatch closest to the sea won't work.

Additionally, after the hatch is blown, Alexay will automatically enter the sub. On Normal difficulty the germans will send in like 30 soldiers, 2 tanks, and a half-track. I was down to just two men when this happened...impossible odds. I wouldn't try this section with less than 5 men...and make sure you have several AT and AP nades each cause you can't get to the gate switch without taking out those tanks.

Last edited by Rockn-Roll; 12-26-2010 at 02:40 PM.