View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbollos View Post
with respect, the problem is this game doesn't give you much time to stop and admire the flowers as it is..

if my memory serves me correctly this does actually affect a soldiers resistance to bullets, in the game?

either way, in reality soldiers get bullets ping off their helmets all the time and keep them on. they have chin straps.

i'm all for a bit of macro-management, but just think it adds a pointless bit of activity you have to do (i always try and make sure my guys have their lids on..), in a game that gives you VERY little time to do much else..

When I said "adds realism" I didn't mean like in "Real Life". Being able to get you helmet shot off or shooting the enemy's helmet off or picking up a helmet off the ground adds more to the game then takes away IMO. It's like shooting out a window, one more small thing that adds to the game.

I agree with most of what you said, if they took out that feature I wouldn't like the game any less, but with it in I like the game more. Like you said this game gets pretty hectic so most of the time I don't even think about my guys wearing helmets.