Thread: Equilibrium Mod
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

I dont get your point. You want to weaken the heroes from the original game? Why? You can simply not use your runes and buy only level 1 or 2 from a skill if you want to be hard.

One of the reasons I created this was of course for fun. But I have asked myself while playing the original AP why the skills dont offer equal possibilities for the three aspects of the game: Attack, Defense and Intellect or why mana and rage are always insufficient. When I played as warrior often did I this mistake to upgrade a dragon skill with demands over my rage skill or I have cursed the game because I only needed mana for one more spell after 30 or 40 rounds of playing for a final resurrection and I had to replay the fight which at the end become boring. Or why the scrolls are so limited and I had to run to a castle to sell not needed scrolls so I can buy another I need and sometimes this takes hours if I have to travel between islands (some scrolls are very expensive and you always need some extra money). So at the end I raised Attack and Defense adding some extra points to them to the level Intellect can be raised from the original rules. Added some more mana and rage (+21 points actually, which is exactly one middle level spell - if you have noticed much of the enemy heroes in OOTM have 250-300 mana points and you have only 60 or 70)

About the Polish version:
the language file I edited is in English, this could be the only problem. This mod cannot crash in the middle of the game. The files that are edited either work from the beggining or dont work. And these work just fine. I finished 2 games with it. So Enjoy it

Last edited by The Rider; 10-13-2010 at 09:06 PM.