View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
...You use spells that don't require intellect. (Ooh that sounded funny haha)...

...What if, warriors had the intellect and mana and more leadership than a paladin? Would you still pick paladin?...
I just want to second the motion on this, the warrior class is better than the paladin class, IMHO.

Key spells I used in my KBAP game (impossible warrior no-loss, undead-droids lineup) were:

1) regular battle: phantom, eviln

2) boss battle: phantom, eviln, stone skin, magic spring

Note that these are not intellect-intensive spells, nor are they mana-intensive. Key spell here is my favorite "percentage" spell, phantom. Even if you evaluate all three character classes, due to less impact of intelligence on this spell, I think the warrior class due to higher leadership could cast the biggest phantom stacks.

As for mana, its all about the warrior's unique class skill: bloodthrist. At level 3 your rage stays at 40% minimum; this allows the warrior to end any battle at zero rage and zero mana and still be ready to fight the next battle. I had 110+ rage and 60 mana, so my rage jumps back up to 44 for the next battle. Mana Accelerator converts 25 rage to 25 mana, level 3 phantom spell cost 25 mana.

round 1: mana accelerator --> phantom bone dragons --> land phantom bone dragons in the midst of the enemies to attack and get attacked (generating tons of rage since you get double rage gain in battle as a warrior, another unique trait of the class)

round 2+: see round 1

Even without your "real" troops attacking you would eventually hit max rage wherein you could switch to spamming (ball lightning --> awaken --> ball lightning) if the enemy really has large stacks.

And besides, the unique skill of the paladin class is useless for a no-loss game.