View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Approved Member

Yes, you will prepare everything with your "own" Amelie and I will use the entirety of that setup for the tournament.

Rounds will work like this: With every victory in the tournament you are awarded a fixed sum of leadership and gold for you to bolster yourself in the next fight. Keep in mind that in the very first match of the tournament, you will have to explore the dynamic of having very scarce resources. Because of this, you have to decide which units would be good for "early" game and which should be used for "late" game. For every round I will make a modified version of the original map and send it to you via a PM. This is a continuation of your setup and amount of gold left over along with the additional gold and leadership available to you through progressing the tournament. You will use the latest map I sent you to continue your "growth" in the tournament. Therefore, you should only use the base map for the first round, as that's the basic template for the tournament.

I'm trying to make it as simple as I can. I'm not so good at explaining things.

In terms of skills. I'm...working on it. Initially I was under the impression that skills could be added to enemy heroes the same way you can add spells. It does not appear that way at all, and I'm having trouble finding an easy solution. However, there are workarounds.

Some skills may hit the chopping board if I have too much trouble making them work, but I have a few tricks in mind for making both sides even and fair. When the tournament is ready to start I will have all the information prepared. I would prefer to keep as much content as I can in the game, as every mechanic I cut out will further limit strategic options, so I believe for the most part all of the Might/Mind/Magic skills will be intact, (albeit a bit altered) except perhaps some of the more complicated ones.

Last edited by RYTEDR; 09-23-2010 at 01:29 PM.