View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Default 2 question / requests

Hi Guys,

Been following the updates for a while now and this weeks is simply ridiculous. It's like eye rape.

Maybe you can answer 2 questions for me.

1. Field Of Vision - In IL-2 the max FOV is 90degrees left/right and with the cockpit taking up much of the up down space makes flying in cockpit a real challenge. Even with a Track IR.

Question/request:- Will there/can there be an option to increase max FOV to say 105 - 110deg? To bring the view closer to human FOV. For me having better situational awareness counts so much toward the enjoyment and gameplay.

2. Full cockpit vs Wonderview:- In IL-2 there is either Full cockpit or gunsight and sky. Nothing inbetween. It would be so good if there was a third option.

Question/request:- Will/can there be a player defined option to set the cockpit at 65% (or so) opacity, so pilots can still have more "sky" but also can have the feeling that they are still flying a beautifully rendered fighter plane?

Not too sure what the technical implications of the second request are but I had to ask anyway.

So 15-20 degrees wider max FOV and cockpit opacity settings (as the new wonderview) are my dream requests... Otherwise I am just going to have to bite the bullet and get a monster rig with 2 more 22" widescreens, which will solve my FOV question... But the cockpit opacity settings would be amazing to have... No longer will we have to choose between dynamic gameplay (Wonderview) and immersion (In cockpit)... We could have both.

Please give me feedback guys, I am interested to know your opinions on these questions/requests.