View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
OK, Hunden just cracked me lol. My sick sense of humor I guess.

As someone else mentioned, trying to get horse animations right would be a serious development and maybe frame rate issue.

I have no problem with shooting at another simulated pilot because I figure he strapped on his simulated plane the same way I did . But in my own game, I would draw a line before shooting horses. Humans tend to bring their troubles on themselves or at least have choices. Animals, not so much. I didn't even like shooting the dogs in the original Wolfenstein lol.

That's why I don't hunt. I will eat anything YOU kill and I know where the meat from my grocery store comes from, I just don't want to be the one pulling the trigger on an animal. But a human breaking into my house is in serious trouble .

Now where did I put my skirt.....

Splitter
Would it really be hard to animate horses? Mount & Blade managed it and that's made by a team of two. Wouldn't need to be magnificently detailed (or maybe it would, to match the magnificent close-up detailing of the other ground vehicles). X-Plane's managed to have huge flocks of seagulls to fly into (another source of catharsis, even if it fatally breaks my aircraft most of the time) all rendered in 3d without frame issues.