View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles View Post
By "search" I assume you mean using Windows search? That's a bit more workable for XP, but for some reason Windows 7 isn't very good at finding these entries, even though I indexed the game directory...
I use Total Commander for that search function since it's possible to add a plugin that allows browsing inside AZP archives. You can find it here:
Total Commander

Quote:
The "class system v5 beta" WEAPONINFO_ALT fixed my issue; when renamed to WEAPONINFO, it no longer causes an editor CTD. Should I be extracting the rest of those files (ADDONINFO, AMMOINFO, GRENADEINFO, and MINEINFO) for stability's sake though, considering that I'm running regular non-class BSM?
Yeah, you can add those files without problems, they are from the latest BSM fix and a few other fixes I made along the way.

Quote:
I vaguely remember seeing the XM-18's model and its ammo in regular/original BSM WEAPONINFO, so I'm actually not sure why you had a WEAPONINFO_ALT, as trying to glance through them didn't make me see any additional weapons, just different values for certain weapons' stats (i.e. Ready time, or Wear/Durability), much less what the "class system v5 beta" WEAPONINFO_ALT changed compared to them, besides correcting the CTD when used.
The biggest changes in the alternative WEAPONINFO is the weapon range, and that changes the game quite a bit.

safoolfool, as I mentioned somewhere else, I usually ignore the graphs and other info in the weapon description window. It only gives some approximate information and doesn't mean much when the bullets start flying. Maybe Quickdagger can help explain the ins- and outs of those settings, I*m too tired to do it right now.