View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles View Post
Makes sense, thanks for confirming this, but what if I want to remove it "so" altogether that it wouldn't appear in the Editor either? For example, while the Personalized USP Tactical might have to stay for storyline/mission reasons, there's no other justification for it (statistically worse than the default USP Tactical, anyone?). At least the Bizon 2-03 had the integral suppressor with 3% better suppression going for it...
To remove it from the editor you'd have to remove it's entires in all the files in the INI and INI\Items folder as well. With the Search in Files option you'll quickly find those files.

I forgot to mention, if you add a folded version of a weapon, you can then set their characteristics to fit the properties you think is fitting. Keep in mind that the engine also calculates the weight distribution of a weapon, so some changes might not do what you intend. But with a little testing you can trick the engine to do make it do what you want.

Quote:
I understood the example for creating a new folding stock variant, thanks for confirming that...... then why call it "hk416_14.e5b" in the first place?? The simplicity of changing its size is awesome. Though, don't you mean "2x5" or "2x3" instead of "2x54" and "2x34"?
Yeppers, and I've edited my post. My darn mouse has started acting up and double clicks for no reason, I need a new one asap

Quote:
By the way, what's the difference between the BSM-default WEAPONINFO and your WEAPONINFO_ALT? When I try to switch the two (i.e. by renaming) it causes the Editor to immediately CTD...
Try using the fixed WEAPONINFO_ALT from the latest Class System files, I've added the XM-18 that was missing from the BSM version of that file.

EDIT:
The reason some of the weapons has an IMAGE "hk416_14.e5b" entry instead of the "3x4.e5b" is to save resources. I also think it's a remnant from BE5 the devs dint bother removing. In 7.62 the picture in the shops is rendered from the 3d model and the image that is called in the "hk416_14.e5b" file is only used when the model is placed on the ground, never in the shops.

Last edited by R@S; 07-09-2010 at 08:17 AM.