View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

"needs a lot of improvements"

1: it needs is more realistic acceleration of the trucks. Its ridicilous that the rig accelerates almost the same without load and with a 15t semi.

2: the traffic should be aware of you: eg if you come up behiind a car strolling in the fast lane at 35mph it should get out of the way. Or at least if you start flashing your lights and pressing the horn. I'm tired of coming up on two or three cars going side by side completely blocking the road at sub par speeds on the highway.

3: There should be some incentive to keep speed limits. Because now you can go at 100mph anywhere without having to worry about anything. The cops only chase after you if you crash into something or go the wrong way. I hate to bring up Kotr but I liked the idea of speed radars, of course you could have learned their position but you still had to slow down for them.

4: Why the hell does the game start with you already having 100.000 bucks and a truck with the best avaialable engine in it? At least in the hardest setting you should start off with no money and a worn out old truck with crappy engine that's barely capable of doing fifty. This way there is no challenge, you can already win everything and buy almost anything right at the start.

5: When you're buying trucks there is absolutely no information about their performance. But at least its a challenge to try them all out.

6: When you get an offer on the telephone, you have to blindly decide to take it or not. I mean you should be made aware of the time limits and exact destinations involved, because most of the time there is absolutely no indication where you have to take what and when, you only find it out after you took the job.

7: The infamous collision detection algorythm that the game seems to have inherited from kotr without any significant improvement. They even managed to make it worse, because it happened many times that the ai drivers just went into each other, and when it realizes there's something wrong one of the two merged cars is sent flying all over the place, most likely into your truck.

8: Smaller bugs and inconveniences:
I.: sometimes when speaking on the telephone the voice goes mute, and you can only read the message, which is not a very good idea when traveling at 80-100mph.
II.: the last word of each sentence is cut off during conversations with npcs sometimes
III: It happpened twice that my passenger somehow spawned a twin, and there were two of them sitting on each other, one static and the other talking.
IV: The environment cube map is static only, it only relfects the terrain but not the other vehichles. When I'm in the warehouse I can see on the back of my truck that the crane that supposed to lower the trailer comes down, but it looks empty cause the environment map doesn't inlcude the trailer. I don't know how did the developers miss this flaw, or they did know about it and just didn't think it was worth the effort to fix?

Oh, I forgot one thing: the weather. There's supposed to be dynamic weather in the game but I can't see anything, sometimes there is some 'rain' but its barely noticable the road doesn't get wet, the windscreen stays completely clean, I never ever had to use the wipers in the game. Am I experiencing some kind of a problem, or its like this for everyone? I mean in Kotr there were big storms wind, it got dark when when it rained, the other trucks splashed the water from the road, everything was more realistic. Even Hard Truck 1 had better weather than this, especially the water drops on the windscreen.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-26-2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Merged postings in one.