View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete379exhd View Post
But a 600 horse cat not pulling a hill is rediculous in my personal opinion.

I've got a theory on the transmission issue though. they were going to make it compaitible with the logitech G27 wheel which only offers a max of 6 speeds.
1 - Well I agree with that, alhtough I rather Cummins engines, 600 hps should be able to pull a trailer up in a steep hill faster than 35 ~ 40 mph.

2 - Even though the G27 has only 6 gears, they could've applied in the game a special key to shift from low to high gears, pretty much as it is done in a real semi, you gotta press or release a lever/key/switch to change from low to high range, then you could have 6, 12 and 18 speed gears.

EDIT:
I just remembered, another thing that annoys me sometimes is the speed that most of the cars go around a turn, I mean, some of the turns, even the sharper ones, you can make it with your semi and trailer at around 30 ~ 40 mph without any problem, but the AI cars tend to make them at 10 or 15 mph or even less. I've lost lots of deliveries because I couldn't make'em on time due to be stuck behind a car that slow...

Last edited by veemaxis; 06-19-2010 at 05:59 PM.