View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veemaxis View Post
There are only two things that disappointed me in this game, the trailer physics (which in German Truck Simulator is a lot better) and the number of gears, I expected to make an "L" with the semi + trailer without having it sliding sideways and also a 10, 13, 15 and 18 speed gearbox, not a 5 speed one, which is kinda lame sometimes, specially when you're going from Bridgeport to Mi-Wuk Village, I love that steep hill road, but the gears screw the engine power even using the Cummins 565 that I use.

As for the rest of the game, it is more than expected for me.
I guess maybe I'm to hard on game designers I love the graphics and most of the other features. But a 600 horse cat not pulling a hill is rediculous in my personal opinion. I've got a theory on the transmission issue though. they were going to make it compaitible with the logitech G27 wheel which only offers a max of 6 speeds. So that might be why they limited us to 5 gears but who knows. I'd like to grab an eaton 18spd shift tower, pedal assembly and steering wheel out of a tractor that was totalled and have my uncle design a system compatible with trucking sims. he's a computer wiz and could probably do it but there's a limited market and it wouldn't be cheap. be nice if I was smart enough to design a game...it'd take 20 years though