View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
Lolz, so I guess im not alone in my insanity, others have the same trouble with AT Guns and Shaped Charge Infantry guns being useless..atleast in SP =P One reason I think, for the Infantry guns being lame is b/c in thier damage fiels the Infantry weapons only have damage numbers...no penetration numbers..the others idk whats up there
Well its somewhat intersting how shots from a PAK40 to the s ide of a panther or a Panther gun to the side of the Tiger I many times do nothing at all but surprisingly the small AT grenades not only damage the turret of heavy tanks but crack the hull many times with ease!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke Wolff View Post
Unfortunately Best Way made the very "wise" decision to have different weapon settings for SP and MP. MP works very well, whilst the SP weapons are incredible nerfed or overpowered, for example I´ve lost T34´s which has been hit frontally from extreme ranges by the short 75mm KwK37 used by the Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. F1, which in real life were extremely rare. In the SP game this happens more often than anything else.
Well it would make sense for the Panzer IV E to eventualy destroy the T34 and other armored tanks if you got hit by a HEAT shell (which is more less a big shaped charge as shell) which achieved quite good penetration ... but since Men of War has no HEAT shells ... its ridiculous yeah. On the other side. Even with HEAT the acuracy of the short 75 would be very poor. Its no anti tank gun. That for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
do tankls really drink thier gas as fast in RL as they do in MP? Those tanks are empty before they even get across the map...especially Disaster and Desert Walk haha. I know they drink it fast but holy gas guzzling monsters of doom I went through like 6 supply trucks once on that Desert Walk map just taking thier gas out of them for my tanks.....
Depends on the vehicle a Tiger II will run out a lot faster of fuel compared to a T34. But thats quite obvious. But actual I hink no most vehicles had enough fuel for at least 100km. And most light/medium tanks even for more. The T34 and IS2 I think got even extra barrels with fuel on their armor later. If they received so much fuel is a different question though. One could "eventualy" imagine that when you get access to armor in MoW they had already to travel some distance to the battlefield I mean the armor never gets just delivered directly to the battlefield they usualy arrive from already prepared positions which can be anything between 10 and 50km (it depends a lot where you have access to streets and most imporantly railroads for example this was less of an issue for the soviets though since their tanks had usualy quite good access to fuel and they would rather drive then use the railroad).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzaD View Post
Ps. No wonder I didn't like/use bazooka type weapons in MP at first.
Well honestly they are not THAT much better in MP either had here to many times issues with rockets even the German onces which usualy have the best penetration ...

There are quite a lot of differences in MP and SP particularly with AT guns and tanks. It seems some light vehicles on the british side are substanitlay more powerfull compared to MP or what one would expect ~ you cant explain it otherwise why some vehicles in the african champaign manage to destroy your Panzer IV on the FRONT with very light guns. Like the Crussaider or Cromwell tanks which had a lot of trouble with the Panzer IV F2 or mark IV special how it was called by the Brits.

---------------------

*Edit
Meh ... just again. How is this supposed to be fun ? Shermans with their 76mm gun destroying the Jagdpanthers front from extrem distance with the first shoot are they using some kind of 76mm on crack or something shooting uranium depleted APDFSDFSSDGCFGH shells ?... lovely. Really. So much to verisimilitude and authenticity ...

I am curious if that will be corrected in future games ... it really starts to be frustrating.

Last edited by Crni vuk; 06-10-2010 at 02:25 PM.