View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Default Singleplayer and realism

Just curious about this as I am at the moment having quite some trouble enjoying singleplayer/coop missions with the game.

I mean could someone explain to me what the reason is behind making the Missions and most particularly units in Singleplayer so damn unrealistic ?

I mean no one is expecting everything to be 100% realistic. And I see the reason of lowering the range for most guns considering the small ranges you have on maps for example. Sure no big deal. As long the enemy suffers the same penality.

But seriously what is the reason behind making certain weapons so ridiculous ? Most particularly anti tank rockets. I noticed many times that the rockets regardles if Panzerfaust, Bazooka, Schreck etc. are completely or almost completely useless regarding armor. Even extremly light armor ! The Panzer IV, Panther, Tiger, hell even the Panzer III and Flak tanks with extremly light armor taking shells and rockets like nothing ... its so far that I dont use them anymore and give them AT nades on mass as they work better then ANY rocket or even anti tank I used so far. Almost always instand kill or damage. Though it should be actualy the other way since those grenades have not been very effective. Most of them have been pretty poor even.

But you notice this as well a lot when using captured equipmet. I mean whats up with the Panzer III deflecting PAk40 shells from the front ... or the Panzer IV H for that matter. I spend sometimes 3 or 4 shoots on the side of a Tiger I, from extremly close range with a good angle. And the Panther took 3 shoots even ... Same when I used the captured Panther against the Tiger I. The tank should not even have trouble to penetrate the FRONT of the Tiger. Leaving alone its side ... yet in singleplayer ...

Why is it so extremly different to multiplayer ? I have no issues with difficult missions. But I actualy dont have much fun with such unbelievable traits ... but what is the intention behind it ?

I really hope there will be more work on that part in the future. As one part of the game should be to experience the same good fighting in Singleplayer as you do in Multiplayer. And part of that is to have effective weapons just as you would expect it from them ~ I mean seriously a straight hit with a rocket to the side or back of the the turret ...