View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Thanks! I should note that after a lot of searching I found a patch that was said to make the russian version work in WS mode (all aspect of the game). However, there was another thread that hinted that it did not work on the english version so rather than risk a virus I decided to not try the patch. The threads were in russian (used google to translate) so not 100% sure on accuracy. Appears the game is very popular in (even today) in Russia. Also I saw hint of a space rangers 3 in progress. It sounded like the company folded after space ranger 2 because parts wanted to do multiplayer and other parts wanted to do single player version 3. The new company (which wanted to do single player games) then made KBL and KBAP and now it is rumored they are working on a space range 3 (single player) under a new product name since the old company owns the old product name. Caveat this is all translation of russian forums with google so it is possible i misunderstood or the translator was confused.
-
Anyways it does sound like for russian players there is a fan made patch for WS out there that probably does not work on the engilsh version.
--
Actually now my hopes are dashed. Reading the developer website forum (again using google to translate) it sounds like they are working on an unannounced multi-player game of some sort to be announced in the fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephun View Post
you can play the rts mode in 1920. to do that go to the cfg file in the install folder. halfway down you will see the robot values, and look for robotresolution and change it to RobotResolution=1920,1080. you can't do anything for space or the menus since those parts are sprite based, and the rts mode is in 3d. enjoy

Last edited by jake21; 05-11-2010 at 03:45 PM.