Thread: Best Heavy tank
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

thats why you see the Nashorn so many times and regularly used in battles right ...

Seriously. I dont even see experienced player use that vehicle very often as they save the points either for infantry or vehicles with better armor.

Similar to the SU100 which is also very rarely seen on the battlefield. And that is partialy cause the SU100 doesnt offer any advantage on long range compared to the IS2 or IS3 which it should as it has a 100mm gun. But the SU100 already strugles with the front of the Tiger I. And here again, one shoot and it is many times toast.

The times I used the Nashorn are very rare. I tend to spend the points more in ifantry equped with correct weapons like assault infantry or air born troops.

I actualy dont have any issue with the fact that weapons are not correctly modeled. But that you have to get so close to some tanks that you can hug them if you want to shoot the flank is what I find distubring. Particularly when you are using guns of medium/heavy caliber. In some battles you spend 3-4 ISU shoots to the SIDE of the Tiger II and see no effect. Taking its chains out at best. Particiliarly the ISU152 should be a lot more effective even against the german heavy tanks. If not penetrating the front armor but killing the crew inside.