View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTHaS View Post
Maybe you're right but i don't agree at all...

The game has some negatives but much more better and detailed than ETS, GTS or UKTS, or any trucking game. I think it can take 7/10.

For example it has better graphics than Euro Truck Simulator, German Truck Simulator, etc. We couldn't upgrade our truck with visuals on GTS, ETS etc..

But yes, the bigger companies should do a trucking game...
Maybe the graphics of RnR are slightly better than the usual SCS games, but from what I'm reading here on the forums - and have read ever since the Russian version was released - I get the impression that pretty much everything else is better done in the SCS games. Traffic lights, speed limits, trailers that behave somewhat properly, sounds that are slightly better, you have to attach and detach your trailer yourself, slightly better AI behaviour, better controller support, .... Graphics don't make a game, you know.

I'm curious as to what the first reviews of the bigger gaming magazines will have to say about RnR. In the end a lot of it comes down to what you expect of this game. If you want a proper trucking simulation with believable physics, then the game is absolutely horrible and not worth paying a single cent for. If you just want to play around with trucks, drive unrealistically and smash things then you can probably have a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately most people who are interested in trucking games want a proper simulation and don't care for all this arcade stuff.