View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Approved Member

Heh, you use the final battle with El in Star Wolves 1 as a guideline for your custom system, intriguing.

Currently the mod feels more like debug tools than anything else, but it is a great start

Here is what I would recommend:
1: Keeping it to maintenance stations... having to go halfway across the galaxy to purchase a new mothership is a pain in the butt (Especially when you do not have insta-hyperspace), and maintenance stations could use a little spice.

2: I am not sure about pilots... As long as there was a way to get rid of them in order to make room for the storyline pilots, I did not see anything.

3: Disabling the purchase of motherships until after you get the repainted (non-pirate) Mastiff, and disabling it again after you get your final mothership, will eliminate all of the issues with "World is unfair. Game over." error. The game only makes exactly 2 checks between the acquisition of the repainted mastiff and the acquition of your final mothership. One of these checks is in the optional Astarte mission, the other is in the outofmission.script file.