View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
The game does not tell you this, but look at the pilot icons of your docked fighters, you should notice a button that has two downward facing arrows. Clicking on that will launch that fighter and only that fighter.

That is a holdover from Star Wolves 1, when fighters were unable to jump through gates (although that rule has been violated in Star Wolves 2 and 3 so many times that it is pretty much retconned out of the universe). Although if anything I prefer having all my fighters docked before jumping into a fight, so that my mothership can absorb the initial missilespam and keep all my enemies distracted...

But than again, my mothership is a 12000 health, 7500 shield monster that can shrug off an entire fleet bearing down on it.
well, thanks for the tips, it is much better now, besides, "B" is the hot key for mothership bay, althouth there is no indication.

the other thing, i think i'm pretty early in the game, so the mothership is not so good in fighting. and, i always mount a better radar in one fighter, to save valuable system slots for mothership, so i need to keep the scout out as long as possible.