View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolftrass View Post
A handy trick, my friend, but waaay to complicated and unnecessary. There's a much easier way to alter your starting credits.

All you need to do is go to your "Star Wolves 3 Civil War" folder. There you open the "Data" folder. Then you open the "Scripts" folder. From there, you select the "InitTeamScript.script" file and open it with a text editor or notepad.

Now all you need to is find the entry "SetPlayerCredits(1000)" and change it to "SetPlayerCredits(100000000)" or whatever you want it to be. Save the file and there you go, if you start a new game, you start with the amount of credits you entered into the file.

You can also alter your starting equipment in this script file, if you use the right commands.

I myself for example took one of the fighters from Star Wolves 2, the Bastard to be more specific, ported it over to Star Wolves 3 Civil War and edited the "InitTeamScript.script" file so I would start with this fighter in my inventory right away.

I love the Bastard from SW 2, it's such a cool looking fighter. Plus, it sports 4 heavy cannons, what's there not to love?
It's not particularly complicated and can be repeated as often as necessary. The problem with editing an initialisation script is that it's a one time deal.

Once you know what you are doing with a hex editor you can change all manner of values in under a minute.