View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desode View Post
Have any of you ever considered that the flight sim scene is such a nitche market that they have to do things a certian way so that they can make money to complete the game ?

You have a couple small dev houses out there making games like WOP and ROF and its very clear that they don't have the funding to finish the game 100% , the only way you will EVER even see the game they are making , is for them to sell the core of the game then take the money from those sales and use it to continue making the game and then selling add on planes and such , to enable them to continue the evolution of the game.

Yet it seems people don't understand that and then don't support the game that is being made just for them ! It blows my mind that people don't understand that.

You can say what you like , we all have our own opinions on things, but I just see less and less Combat sims, Thank heavens we have a Mod community or we would be playing 10 + year old games that never got better.

I love this nitche market and if the only way I can get new games is to buy the game as its still being made then that is what I will do.
The alternative is to Bleak for me.

DESODE

I second that!