View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desode View Post
I can't get into the rush mode, It just isn't Bf to me. I like to creep and stalk and use tactics and the rush mode kills that for me. I'm just glad that full conquest will be read on release day this time around. I don't understand why Dice is pushing this rush mode so much. I personally think having rush mode in the demo hurts the franchise and hurts bringing new players in to the game.
Unfortunately i would say the rush mode is actually DICE's attempt to get some of the CoD players interested. As you say, it's less about skill and tactic and more a hectic killing spree with bullets flying everywhere and people playing independently. Certainly not why people play Battlefield.

I don't like it much either, but you can't really blame them for trying to "steal" players from other games....I just sincerely hope it doesn't work I would hate to see a Battlefield game become the new CoD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzergranate
Most of the team I usually play OFP and BC with are serving millitary or ex-millitary and we play in BC as a giant coordinated party team. We've had 12 in a team all on one cooridinated team.... and we dominate the games we play in.
If these friends of yours are in either the UK/US or Australian army, you should get them to "borrow" a copy of VBS2, that will even make OFP and ArmA look arcadey. Then you can send me a copy!

As for everything else you said, i agree completely.
CoD games aren't what they used to be.
They came, they impressed and entertained us for a while..Then they switched their target audience and became a waste of time/money.