View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

4.10 looks real good, and I applaud the good intention of DT to implement more realistic navigation. Hopefully, you guys are going to be able to address some of the remaining navigation-related issues. Here are the ones I consider to be the most important.

- please add the option to leave the waypoints and plotted courses in the map without the little "GPS" plane when flying full real. Ability to edit the map before flight or during the flight (to add comments such as times, observed points of interest or targets, and altitudes between waypoints) would be most welcome too.

- please add airfield data to the maps (name, primary runway direction and elevation would be sufficient, at least for the larger, more permanent airfields).

- in radio calls, clearance should be asked for and given for a particular runway. Now, especially online, everybody's landing haphazardly wherever. I understand that adding this to the voice calls would require a lot of work, but to add it in text shouldn't be such a problem. An option to ask for the runway in use and basic weather info for the field would be good too.