View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

So I've been playing an impossible mage as well. Fortunately I think every unit spawned at least one in my game, so I could get whatever army I want. Unfortunately my game didn't spawn any items that give +magic resistance except (of course) the anti-magic diploma, and the leather vest for a whole +5% (hurrah!). That made Gremlion somewhat difficult.
I was, of course, using the anti-magic diploma and the leather vest. After multiple miserably failed attempts, I sat down to plan things out more carefully and it was eventually practically easy.
Two words: Inquisitor's Blade. The more paladins you have, the more they heal. That's the real sticking point in this whole fight, so it basically lets you get away with 20% lower leadership for this fight. I ultimately went with Paladins, Knights, Archmages, Royal Griffins, and Demonologists. Make sure to use the archmage's shield on the demonologists, NOT the knights. In case you haven't run into it yet, you get the Blade by defeating Thomas Torkve the enemy hero.