View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
Yea i just went back and checked; no knights in verona or debir. I had enough for one stack this game and I used them in eron on gremlion.Kind of sad. In fact this game there were very few trolls and ogre also (not one complete stack of either @ level 55); i.,e 27. No demonologist loaded this game either. Hum. Maybe I was a bit unlucky.
That is why I always try to buy every upgradable artefact. If I need a special kind of troops later in game, but could not find enough to got a full stack, then i buy some of the units and use the old Sacrifice/Resurrect trick during the upgrade of the artefacts to fill the needed slot. It is very easy to surround one enemy troop with stone wall or kill everything except a friendly gremlin, kill every summoned creature for rage, convert it by the dragon (not the spell) to mana and sacrifice every time the same troop for the needed troop. If you are PALADIN; you do not need to resurrect (will be done by your Resurrect skill). If you play Worrier or Mage, resurrect them by mana.

I also use this with low level enemys on the map to generate Dragons (in mid game) and to save as much money as possible to buy artefacts (for destroying) and runes.