Thread: Dev-mode
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

nuntio vobis gaudium magnum: habemus baalicidium!!

Incredibili dictu, to go on with the latinorum, but I finally took down the m#th£rf&ck£r! A further trial with undead counting on the ghosts high physical resistance proved fruitless, but today I managed using the demon set. 26 archdemons, some 100+ demons and executioners, 200+demonesses and the good old black knights reduced to 224 because i had to wear the mask of hate. At a certain point it even seemed easy... the demonesses were critically striking for 10k every turn. Then however the big badass started summoning wave after wave of demons... all my troops were killed except 9 archdemons. Baal finally went down in round 23 or 24 after another round of geyser but I was left with only 3 archdemons against several executioners, imps, demonesses and cerberi. I thought the final joke would be to lose even after killing Baal and was pondering how to smash my monitor, but positioning the archi's in the corner where only 2 enemies at a time could attack them I could keep them alive long enough to go calm rage-geyser-calm rage-demon portal. The summoned executioners finished the job and I happily won the game at round 32 with exactly... one archdemon left alive.
How this could be turned in a no-loss I can't start to imagine but at least now I can say I beat the game at impossible as a mage. Final score was a not very impressive 1079 due to taking 46 days for completing it, over 50% dmg done by spell book, most effective overall troop paladins, even if in the final battle it were the archdemons (and secondly the demonesses, may they rest in peace) that brought the day home.

And now for warrior imp no losses