View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basis View Post
Hi all, playing my first game in KB:AP.

Playing normal difficulty, mage, leadership about 3.2K
army setup: normal bears, polar bears, 15 or 16 black beholders, 1 dragon (black? the first dragon unit we find I think on Bolo island), 2 cyclops.

I think my attack is 1, defense is 5 and intel is about 9. I know it is pretty crappy stats. my pet dragon is level 16. I cannot remember my level.

I cleared most of Rusty except for 2 units, Zig-zag and a group of Thorns that are guarding some treasure. When I right-click on Zig-Zag it says Lethal to me. And the Thorns that guard the treasure on Rusty is also Lethal.

I can go to Verona, but the units there are also Lethal to Invincible as well. I think I cleared most of the Strong units in Verona, but they town is protected by Very Strong or Lethal units.

I didn't know about map kiting until I read about it in this forum, but is there any other way to defeat those units on Rusty Island? Or advise me what I maybe doing wrong. Or should I be learning some spell that I may have missed? I have Order at lvl 2, Distortion at lvl 1 and Chaos at lvl 1.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Whats going wrong? I assume your units are dying, if so i'd say try to throw in some ressurection power, inquisitors are the most common to get but often after you got your 2nd stone you can buy paladins at the mage tower on the first island and if you're lucky you could also try demonologists.
On normal i'd say it should be doable without mapkiting, i finished the game without it at least and imo it feels alot more rewarding to play through the game like you should, at least for the first playthrough.