Thread: Dev-mode
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 10:21 AM
Approved Member

Dear Zuanghzi, thanks for the advice. I cam back from vacation yesterday late and can thus reply only now.

I WILL try your tips, but am not very confident. The 70+ int obviously is there if I use all the gear that gives +int, for example staff of the archmage instead of inquisitor blade. So either I go with no more than 150 paladins or I lower intellect. Anyway, what bothers me most is your strategy relies on hitting Baal with at least 3 units every turn. Well, given that the pals and knights only move 2 hexes, usually I can't even reach Baal with them, and when I do he pushes them back summoning demons... I'll try the geyser strategy, but what do you do when the 6 turns of double casting run out?

Well, given the celebrations of the coming days I do not know when I'll be able to give it a try but I will certainly do so and let you know.

As for beating him with only black knights... well OK I can try that as well, but as I said the max number I got was 279 and they were wiped out in less than 10 rounds... with staff of the necromancer I could raise that number to about 350 but I don't think 70 black knights make up for the loss of 190 paladins. And that's provided I can actually find those black knights in first place.

And all this is just to beat Baal... I really wonder how someone can do it with no losses... well I saw there is now a specific thread, gonna read that as well