View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 05:23 AM
zenmusic

Default Goodbye! a game? a sport? a competition? None of these

I've been playing about a month, a couple hours a day...

this is the end of my online play.. tonight .. tough to find a game .. then when I do... this is the scenario..

team play (or capture the field) about 5 players each side .... the end score ... my side about 6 kills ... the other side about 60-70...

every time I spawned.. i was alone.. with 3-4 attacking me..
what's the point??.. we could make a new game ; give twenty 5-year old children a spoon... or fork..
we grown men will just use knifes.. but one or two with have guns .. just in case..

great fun... we could do this forever...

why would the game designers even allow this? a simple algorithm could distribute the skill.. oh, but that would be a competition .. big guys don't like to lose..

okay.. then give me a plane equal in strength .. and I'll fight it out..

oh, .. well the big guys require an advantage in return for their time and effort and experience ..

so .. it's not a competition.. it's not a sport (not sporting.. but I doubt that has ever occurred to anyone)

.. a game? .. a waste of time.. spawn. dead .. spawn ..dead ..
I've finished 2 complete campaigns... I'll fly the bombers to fill out the game ...the game tells me I'm good, hitting the targets.. bombing accurate... the online doesn't match in any way .. the precision required to score...

okay... well then give me an advanced tutorial.. with 'Online' precision.. to practice and judge my skill..

oh.. there is no such thing... why would the developers bother.. they've already got my money.. and they make nothing from retaining me as an online player...

okay.. i'm gone

Last edited by zenmusic; 12-16-2009 at 05:32 AM.