View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzm0 View Post
If one side is able to hold Germany for enough turns, it should get jets. Otherwise, whose gonna bother using German planes...

If the USSR is in control of Norway, why would they bother crossing all that land when they could just directly attack the UK from Norway

I don't think very many of us have B-17's. It takes a while to get them and there's not many chances to use bombers in sim mode.

If possible, there should be team threads created with group permissions so only team members can get into them. If the mods here have the power to set group permissions... this is a phpbb right
* It may look dumb for the USSR to cross all that land instead of attacking from Norway, but I made it this way so that the tournament does not end with a single invasion. It really does not matter what territory Norway belongs to, I could delete Norway, Finland, and Sweeden from the map if I wanted to. (The objective of this is to add lasting appeal). By the way, there is a major distance difference in invading the UK from France and invading the UK from Norway.

* The reason behind needing the B-17G to invade the UK or USSR is so that teams dont Ignore Italy. Remember, this tournament will take place after the patch, the patch will make it easier to obtain the B-17G. The patch will also alter the P-51. Please be patient and dont worry about these things yet.

-I have the B-17G, I know many others have it too, can you guys post if you have it please

* Are you forgetting about the Bf 109 lovers? This is no longer a 1 vs 1 tournament I am sure there are many players out there that will use the Fw 190 and Bf 109 K-4 to down bombers (myself included). Be creative, for example: I can fly the Fw190D and have a team member as a wingman flying a more agile plane (La7, or Spitfire), I would take care of a bomber and he would take care of my ass.

- Again, I mean for this tournament to include tactics, and communication its no longer an obligatory lone wolf, 1 vs 1 tournament. I believe the smarter team will win.

Last edited by edal86; 12-04-2009 at 10:55 PM.