View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Approved Member

I've been reading a lot about how people are having trouble with enemies that are Very Strong and Lethal. To me, it's less about the overall leadership of the enemy stack, but more about the unit composition and whether the stack is hero-controlled. Then there is the issue of what spells that particular hero uses. If Ghost Blade, okay. If Geyser, not okay.

I was having terrible trouble with a Strong stack just then, because it had Assassins, Inquisitors and Archers, all of whom cause trouble for my no losses attempt. I just couldn't do it, so I took a look at Old Rotbox, who was listed as Lethal, instead. To my surprise, I was able to take him down quite easily even though he was stronger overall and also a hero.

Then I took on a Very Strong stack that I did so well against that I suffered no casualties. I don't mean no casualties after Resurrection, I mean the enemy did not touch my troops at all, even though the stack was Very Strong. Why? Because of the unit composition. 238 Guardsmen, 481 Wolves, 90 Inquisitors and 56 Paladins seems strong, but aside from the Inquisitors there are no ranged units. So I flamed the Inquisitors with my dragon, mopped up the Wolves easily and cast Slow on the Guardsmen and Paladins until I was ready for them. This is where Royal Snakes are vitally important and still, to my thinking, an absolutely vital unit due to the no retaliation. So I made mincemeat of the Guardsmen and Paladins.

This shows that it isn't so much about the overall rating of the enemy stack, and more about composition.