View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Ok, intersting question.

At the moment not so many, if to speak about major third party MS FS add-ons publishers, but not developers... - they were all interested even when MS FS team was alive.
Also the guys that are modders now will have the ability to show what they may do when it isn't neccessary to hack

I do think there will be many in time... and of course the team that did 4.09 is in my first sight - they will get everything the first from us probably (then they will forget about Il-2 support I think).
Are we to take that to mean that the development tools available for third party developers will be freely available for use by anyone who would like to try to create aircraft or other assets for Storm of War?

In Il2 at the moment there are several major groups of modders that have grown up around the idea of creating mods for offline and online play, and also around different languages, but because the community of mod creators is split into several groups in this way, each working to their own standards and techniques, many of the mods are not compatible with each other, and there is a wide varience in quality between mods.

For Storm of War, it would be very good for all these people to be working to the same standards, with no more worrying about whether one mod will work with another and also to have the planes created by these people intergrated into the official game itself, assuming of course that these aircraft are of sufficient quality.