Thread: strategy guide!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I'd debate that... Not that it's a great item (it is!) but whether it is worth upgrading.

Both my paladin and Mage are making very good use of the Pain Skull (drained to 0% so it doesn't halve your mana). Without the Pain Skull, my mage couldn't even use any Rage skill in the first round (I know, I tried). +5A and +5I is great, but you can get them with multiple other items (for example the Royal Snake ring gives you +3I, the Runic sword +2A and +2I).

I'd have to say that I found the Rage abilities more usefull then the extra damage my spells or units would inflict - they don't scale as well with increasingly difficult enemy armies as Rage skills do (Glot Armor is a lifesaver in round 1).

There are only a few other items that increase Rage income, and the Spear of Rage is pretty shoddy in that regard. (+20% only in contrast to the +50%)

For a warrior, I bet the Rage increase is not as important, so the +5A and especially the +5I is more usefull.
as i expected you ain't chainfighting that completely removes the value of the pain skull

before you even start your single fight after the turtle with a ancient vamp or something

make sure u got magic spring then end the battle with max rage and mana
and start new fight right after keep doing this untill u have cleared an area then go to the second with 75% rage

keep doing this area after area and you shouldn't have any problems in keeping the rage up
^^