View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 03:21 AM
Approved Member

Default item rewards DO CHANGE!!!

On a game where I had already reached the elven lands, only to restart because I was doing a no-casualties run (I originally though the tutorial casualties didn't count), I got as a reward from killing zombie Noric an Intellect Ring; I killed him at level 6.

On my restarted game, because of taking advantage of getting Tactics Treatise earlier for maximum effect, I killed zombie Noric at level 10; but this time he gave me the pathetic Silver Horn!

I tried from a level 9 save, level 8 save, and level 7 save; still Silver Horn. Reloaded from a level 5 save (I didn't have a save for level 6), saw that I was too underpowered to take on Noric, levelled up and took out the turtle boss first (for +500 leadership) and took down Noric; success! Intellect Ring again!

Just thought everyone should know, since it seems that the common consensus in this forum is that all items are fixed at the start.

For those interested in knowing how to take out zombie Noric's group at level 6 with no losses when his zombie stacks are worth twice you leadership, a screenshot is attached to know the ideal unit composition. Necro Call is essential (and is a fixed reward in the Lost Chronicles quest), and level 1 Slow helps a lot too.

Also, in the same light, the Talking Stone initially transformed into something that only gave me 50 XP. I reloaded, fought one battle, and checked: +4 mana. Reloaded, fought another battle, +1 defense, so I took that gain.

Rewards could change, though I don't know if it applies to quest rewards.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screen_090924_001.bmp (2.25 MB, 141 views)