View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

I did this battle with no losses easily (I did try earlier though and got PWNed when I was not high level enough...)

Key point is Karador here, not his units. His spells, especially Hypnotize and his damaging spells (Ice Snakes) can do a helluva lot of damage to you.

There is an easy way to solve this. Right away from first round, try to concentrate on killing a single stack ASAP. His few Bone Dragons are ideal for this. If Karador has a dead stack, and he will always act first thanks to his Necromancers, he will ALWAYS use Necro Call to raise them. Good thing? Yes, because the raised stack won't attack that round. You can re-kill it and Karador will raise that stack next round too... Ensuring he never casts troublesome spells (and he has a boatload of mana to do that for a looong time).

Just ensure that actually dangerous stacks (Death Knights, Skelly Archers) stay dead, IE have someone stand on them, or, way better, put a Totem on them with your Shamans.

Also: do not use archers in this battle. Most of Karadors troops have resistance to many forms of ranged attacks (Bone Dragons and Skeletons only take 1/3 damage from ANY ranged attack, Necromancers are resistant to Magic ranged attacks, Death Knights have 30% physical resistance).

My troops used for this battle were: Royal Snakes (augmented with snake Ring they can take out even undead easily), Griffins (aka your punching bags, use them to hold back all melee units), Black Dragons (no comment needed), Shamans (for unit healing/magic damage and defense/offense/dead stack pinning with totems). I normally use Evil Beholders for the 5th stack, but they are useless against undead, so I switched to Black Unicorns, very potent against undead.

Also one useful tip. Use Ice Crystals in the first round. This gives you time before Karador's melee troops close in - you only need to deal with the Bone dragons (I usually let the spiders in 'cause they are easy to kill). The Necromancers will cast plague and magic lock in the first rounds, so you don't have to worry. And Death Knights for some reason LOVE to attack the Ice Shards - it brings their damage to the max fast, I guess, but this meant for me that it was about Round 5 by the time I had to deal with them.

Also - blind the Skeleton archers first round. They represent the most danger.

After you killed all of Karador's troop, it's easy, but tedious resurrection time. Simply stand away from a corpse (spiders are preferred), let the crystal resurrect it, then use "Rage Taking" on it. From the accumulated Rage, use Lina's chargers! Slow, but works. I finished with no losses.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 09-23-2009 at 11:50 AM.