Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   How many of you are using gamepads... (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=9641)

Blast1977 09-11-2009 11:12 PM

How many of you are using gamepads...

... due to the dead zone in the flight stick? I know we have a lot of stick threads, but I was wondering if the gamepad is the only usable choice for the ps3? I have both (i'm not very good with either one :-(), but I can't hit anything with the stick at all. Multiplayer is a nightmare for me with my Thrustmaster. Sorry in advance about another post on flightsticks...

towman 09-11-2009 11:43 PM

I'm, becuase the Aviator on/off rudder :-x

fuzzychickens 09-11-2009 11:55 PM

Me too, on/off rudder on AV8R really stinks.

My choices are smooth flying with AV8R and crapping shooting due to on off rudder

OR

Crappy flying with gamepad (because gamepads suck for most everything) and a bit better shooting due to better rudder control.

Those are crappy options. We need these sticks to work - I don't care if marketing people didn't want joystick support - those morons need to be fired.

They do nothing but hose down games for mass appeal which detroys their replay value for people looking for more depth.

Lexandro 09-12-2009 01:45 AM

Im using a pad because my joystick for the PC doesnt work on the 360 and im not about to run out and buy a new one just for the xbox alone.

FilthyPrick 09-12-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blast1977 (Post 99860)
... due to the dead zone in the flight stick? I know we have a lot of stick threads, but I was wondering if the gamepad is the only usable choice for the ps3? I have both (i'm not very good with either one :-(), but I can't hit anything with the stick at all. Multiplayer is a nightmare for me with my Thrustmaster. Sorry in advance about another post on flightsticks...

I am as I cannot check my six on SIM with T.Master due to hat switch issue.

BehindYou 09-12-2009 09:59 AM

aviator flight stick

iam jusing the new aviator flight stick(Saitek) on the 360 and it works realy well

nudger1964 09-12-2009 11:00 AM

i was tempted to get a stick for this game, but having read this message board decided against it.
the pad is great on the aviator setting...just really beeds the throttle to be setable and to have a zoom button and it be perfect for sim mode. you do wonder why the developers seem to have gone out of their way not to make any option quite right...its by design id say. thats why for the ps3 i use a mappable controller to get more or less the avitor settings but with throtttle and zoom adaptions.

trk29 09-12-2009 01:02 PM

I have the AV8R but I fly more with my gamepad. PS3

Lexandro 09-12-2009 04:45 PM

How do you actualy change the buttons? On the 360 I dont have the option for it?

nudger1964 09-12-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexandro (Post 100082)
How do you actualy change the buttons? On the 360 I dont have the option for it?

you cant.
with the ps3 you can buy a controller that allows you to map the outputs to different buttons. For the xbox, so far as i know, you have to buy one of the remap devices that a wired controller plugs into.