Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Rig'n'Roll (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Letter from Igor Belago about Rig'n'Roll (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=3755)

Ubaku 08-19-2008 10:29 PM

Letter from Igor Belago about Rig'n'Roll

I just got a reply from Igor Belago to the email I have sent him. Don't be surprised that he replied so fast. You have to remember that I wrote to his personal work email. The reason he replies so fast, is because I never abuse this email and write to it very rarely. This was the condition that Jarek admin of Truckpol gave me when he gave me this email address.

Here is a translation of Igor Belago's email.

Good day Yevgeniy,

We don’t add any more news to the official site www.rignroll.com because there is nothing new to add. The game development really has ended, and now we are testing the game and correcting mistakes. This is a long and difficult process, because the game is huge and has many features.

I will give you only one example. The testing and correcting of mistakes of the trucks. In each truck, in the event of an accident or long use, there can be 80 different damages, many of which you will not see immediately but only after a few days of game time. These damages will affect many other things in the truck. Also each truck can have more than 100 different updates. And all these things must affect the behavior of the truck, they will have sounds, gauges will respond to them, and other various effects.

If you multiply all these things by the number of trucks in the game, you will have some idea of just how long and difficult the testing process is.

I can tell you that the game will be released in 2008, but I can’t give you the exact date.

Respectfully yours, Igor Belago

And here is the original in Russian, for those who can speak Russian.

Добрый день Евгений,

Собственно мы ничего и не пишем на сайте, потому что ничего нового в игре больше не добавляется. Pазработка действительно закончилась и ведется тестирование и исправление ошибок. Процесс это давольно трудный и длительный - так как игра очень большая и многогранная. Приведу только один пример - тестирование и отладка машин. В каждой машине в результате аварий и естественного износа может произойти до 80 различных повреждений, многие из которых проявят себя не мгновенно, а через несколько дней игрового времени, а большинство через некоторое время приведут к поломкам других узлов и агрегатов. Кроме того на машину может быть установлено более 100 различных апгрейдов. И все это должно быть отражено в поведении машины, изменениях звуков, показаниям датчиков приборной панели и появлению тех или иных спец. эффектов. Умножая все это на количество машин в игре получаем представление об объеме тестирования, количества возможных ошибок и времени на их исправление.

В 2008 году игра выйдет, но точной даты я назвать не могу.

С уважением
Игорь Белаго

digit 08-19-2008 10:37 PM

Very interesting. It sounds like they have a lot of work to do and to get it release this year im not so sure! but Igor seems to think so.

ReDBu11 08-20-2008 07:44 AM

Well i lost hope now... If they say it is 2008,then it will be 31 of December... :/

yesil 08-20-2008 11:20 AM

I think the game will be Year 2009 issue september

for this year september game will not publish :-\

digit 08-20-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesil (Post 47633)
I think the game will be Year 2009 issue september

for this year september game will not publish :-\

Its October not september!

Freak Of Nature 08-20-2008 03:41 PM

Looks like October isn't tha posible release after reading this, Anyway thanks for translation Ubaku

obsolum 08-20-2008 06:07 PM

Yeah, thanks for that translation, and for sending that email in the first place. At least now we got some real news, which is a hundred times better than no news at all, even if it is not as positive as most of us would have hoped. I'm actually surprised that they really are in the final testing phase, and even more surprised that Igor still seems to believe that a 2008 release is possible.

We'll have to wait and see.

GinXeng 08-20-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obsolum (Post 47668)
Yeah, thanks for that translation, and for sending that email in the first place. At least now we got some real news, which is a hundred times better than no news at all, even if it is not as positive as most of us would have hoped. I'm actually surprised that they really are in the final testing phase, and even more surprised that Igor still seems to believe that a 2008 release is possible.

We'll have to wait and see.

Igor will believe anything he wants, he believed the game would come out 2005/06/07. Its nice to know that they are testing the game but they could at least update is once in a while. Maybe a few screenshots, even is he only says "We are still testing the game" Would be nice, saying nothing to for months nows makes people wonder if they are still moving forward with this. Jon, next time you e-mail him, make sure you let him know to least inform us of some sort of progress, staying silent for months because they have nothing new to report is not really good sales tactics.

digit 08-20-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinXeng (Post 47679)
Igor will believe anything he wants, he believed the game would come out 2005/06/07. Its nice to know that they are testing the game but they could at least update is once in a while. Maybe a few screenshots, even is he only says "We are still testing the game" Would be nice, saying nothing to for months nows makes people wonder if they are still moving forward with this. Jon, next time you e-mail him, make sure you let him know to least inform us of some sort of progress, staying silent for months because they have nothing new to report is not really good sales tactics.

Yer a few screen shots would be nice. Even if there still testing it, it is nice to see what there testing. We havent seen a lot of the game when you look over the screen shots we recieved. There's so many cities, we havent seen half of them yet. Yer its good to wait for the game and get a big suprise when you see it but 2000km is a lot to hide.

yesil 08-20-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digit (Post 47647)
Its October not september!

The game is in september in europe and in october issue we publish it in america.

Thank you for the translation Ubaku.