Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Pilot's Lounge (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   What do you think it is that Luthier thinks will have Competitors squirming? (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=25769)

Mysticpuma 08-31-2011 06:09 PM

What do you think it is that Luthier thinks will have Competitors squirming?

Luthier said:

"We also have a rather cool new major feature almost ready. It’s not going to make this patch. In order to keep the competitors squirming, we won’t say what it is until we’re ready to release it."

For the sake of keeping the posts short and to the point you get three guesses (not including Luthier!) to see if you guess right when it's released, so here are mine.

1) Pilot visible in the cockpit from the player POV when inside

2) Dynamic Campaign Generator

3) Ability to view aircraft in online battles on a 3D battle map like you were in a map room with a virtual environment showing all the aircraft in the sky (imagine Map view with Red and Blue icons, but larger view and the aircraft are in 3D, the map fills the screen?

Okay, your turn ;) cheers, MP

Aditional comment after looking at replies;

Thinking more about the wording of competitors I have to assume that Luthier is talking about WW2? If that is the case it must refer to World of Planes and World of Warplanes, two 'competitors' in the WW2 flight market.

Now, if that is the case, these two pieces of software hinge on the fact that they will have an online experience that is a dynamic free-flowing war arena, where events change the way missions are loaded and the results of those change the ebb and flow the Mission/Campaign/Map that is loaded.

If they released something like that, I can imagine that making the competitors 'squirm' as it would pre-empt their release by months and dilute the enthusiasm for their products?

Cheers, MP

furbs 08-31-2011 06:23 PM

If its HurriGirl then im going to visit Luthier in person. :)

pupo162 08-31-2011 06:30 PM

1- dinamic weather
2- bomber packs ( some kind of AI tweek wich allows huge, 200+, bomber formations without bringing the game to an alt)

i like your 1 and 2 Mysticpuma, 3 doesnt appeal to me.

any of these would make my day.

AndyJWest 08-31-2011 06:32 PM

Nope - it will include a built-in train, tank and ship simulator. ;)

Just kidding (I think). I'd guess it is more likely to be on-line than off-line related, but beyond that, who knows? We should have enough to keep ourselves occupied for a bit anyway, when the patch arrives. I'm happy to wait and see...

tk471138 08-31-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysticpuma (Post 329114)
Luthier said:

"We also have a rather cool new major feature almost ready. It’s not going to make this patch. In order to keep the competitors squirming, we won’t say what it is until we’re ready to release it."

For the sake of keeping the posts short and to the point you get three guesses (not including Luthier!) to see if you guess right when it's released, so here are mine.

1) Pilot visible in the cockpit from the player POV when inside

2) Dynamic Campaign Generator

3) Ability to view aircraft in online battles on a 3D battle map like you were in a map room with a virtual environment showing all the aircraft in the sky (imagine Map view with Red and Blue icons, but larger view and the aircraft are in 3D, the map fills the screen?

4) Oleg is coming back

4a) Okay 4 isn't going to happen so I've only had 3 :)

Okay, your turn ;) cheers, MP

maybe 2 but even then this isnt some complex and like unheard of feature...i dont see 1 being that big of a deal...im the pilot and i can see my hands on my joystick and so on...same with 3...i didnt buy the game to watch battles play out on a map...

in reality all they have to do to make their competitors squirm is to simply refine the game and work out all the bugs, the fact that this game even exists should be enough to make competitors squirm...

Vengeanze 08-31-2011 06:36 PM

1. Dynamic/historical weather
2. Land to refuel and rearm (hopefully animated)

conio 08-31-2011 06:38 PM

1.- After successfully parachuting on enemy territory, being able to control the pilot in order to escape capture and return to the friendly lines (FPS style).

2.- Control of ground units or groups of units.

3.- Voice activated commands to the other pilots/crew.

Just wishing :) ....

Meusli 08-31-2011 06:41 PM

1) A flyable Wellington, please!
2) Living breathing airports.
3) Pilot control out of the aircraft.
4) Wing walking on the Tiger Moth which now has a crunchie skin!

http://www.jr-creative-images.co.uk/...hie%22-003.jpg

Warhound 08-31-2011 06:42 PM

Controllable AA and torpedoboat.
Or indeed lifelike dynamic weather with airlayers ,temperature and so forth.
Both would be fun but my preference goes to dynamic weather.

snwkill 08-31-2011 06:43 PM

I am going to take a shot in the dark...

1. Auto battle recording so you can watch your online battle after the fact, sort of like DCS and lockon series... And they have been working with the makers of Tacview to incorporate it with IL2.

2. A built in scripting IDE with full tooltip help on all functions

3. A new first person shooter added for after you bail, having to walk back to base without getting captured with only your side-arm.