Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Tactics discussions and solutions (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Question About Extra Fire and Posion Damage (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=13942)

watersky82 03-17-2010 02:57 AM

Question About Extra Fire and Posion Damage

For the first medal, it adds a certain amount of fire and poison damage.

Is it applicable to both spells and attacking units?

For example, red dragon, black dragon, bone dragon, royal snake, swamp snake, assassin will be able to inflict more damage?

Or poison skull, flame arrow, fire rain, fire ball will be able to deal more damage?

Or both?

And for weapon like Assassin Dagger that increase poison damge by +1, is the weapon useless if you don't have units that deal poison damage?

Or will equipping Assassin Dagger now give every of your unit a chance to inflict poison damage?

travelingoz 03-17-2010 05:21 AM

Yes, both spells and attacking units count so Red/Black Dragons are a great way to level this medal.

The Dagger adds +1 poison damage to ALL units attack.

dashcunning 03-17-2010 03:56 PM

In case it's not readily apparent, Assassin's Dagger and Whip of Pain are ridiculously good for low leadership units and next to worthless for high leadership units. For example, the extra point of damage is roughly equivalent to 20 attack with lake fairies. If you find both in one game, you owe it to yourself to run with both types of fairies just to see the absurdity of them obliterating everything.

Elwin 03-17-2010 04:20 PM

Not really. They were insane in legend with angas ruby giving them max morale and they weere critcial hitting like crazy

TemjinGold 03-17-2010 04:56 PM

OP: The medal bonus damage only applies to burn/poison aftereffects. It does not affect all fire/poison damage.

dashcunning 03-17-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elwin (Post 150317)
Not really. They were insane in legend with angas ruby giving them max morale and they weere critcial hitting like crazy

?

Was the morale crit mechanic different in legend? I don't remember. Max morale gives 140% to current crit chance, certainly nice but not significant to the degree that I would characterize it as critting like crazy vs not. Did legend have the +19% everyone should have in princess with the medals, skills, and pet dragon? I don't remember either.

Lake and forest are 3rd/6th best damaging units in the game with those two items. Factor in high speed, high initiative, no retaliation and they are clearly 1st and 2nd amongst units that are actually usable. Relative to every other unit in the game, they are completely dominant. Obviously a lot depends on the unit you are attacking, but it's fairly routine for them to do 3-6 times (or even more) the damage of any other unit you would likely be using.

BB Shockwave 04-15-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelingoz (Post 150248)
Yes, both spells and attacking units count so Red/Black Dragons are a great way to level this medal.

The Dagger adds +1 poison damage to ALL units attack.

That's very good to know... this can make units like Fire Spiders or Royal Snakes even more powerfull!

ckdamascus 04-15-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Shockwave (Post 154757)
That's very good to know... this can make units like Fire Spiders or Royal Snakes even more powerfull!

I suppose, but I think the real killer is if you have a low damage unit, +1 increases the net damage by quite a lot, as pointed out in this thread already.

Example, Skeleton Archer does 2.5 dmg avg per unit. 2.5 -> 3.5 is about (3.5-2.5)/2.5 % gain or 40% gain in damage.

So given the same enemy target, if you deal 1000 damage, throw on the fire whip, and you do 1400 damage now. Throw on the dagger on TOP of that, you will do (4.5-2.5)/2.5 = 1800 damage instead.

As an aside, hell breath helps the higher level units since it is a % based buff, and seems to work cumulatively with other damage buffs. Plus, the damage buff of hell's breath is subject to criticals. :)

BB Shockwave 04-15-2010 03:52 PM

Yeah, I meant the Alchemy medal, not the items, since the medal only increases damage that is in fire or poison. BTW, I think in TL the fire spiders and dragonflies only inflicted normal physical damage...