Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Star Wolves (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Strategy and or walkthrough (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=13682)

Danya 03-05-2010 08:29 PM

Strategy and or walkthrough

If anyone finds one (in English or Spanish) please post a link to it on the forum. I'm having a very hard time even on easy. The manual wasn't very helpful, either.

I am at a part very early on in the game where I have to run away from some law enforcement patrol into a nebula, but they beat me down like a flea-eaten mongrel before I can get to it.

Or maybe I just suck and should stick to X3.

Thanks

Danya

asadexes 03-05-2010 09:21 PM

X3 is great

code99 03-05-2010 09:24 PM

no its not

ITS FKN AWESOME !!! XD the best game of that genre in the world imo

JereC 03-05-2010 09:57 PM

Have you manned and released the fighters?

At this point of the game I didn't even know that you had to move your pilots into them, once you get rid of the initial guards, you enter the nebula which is filled with automatic turrets..

Saroth 03-06-2010 05:34 AM

just point yourself to the nebula as soon as possible. no need for fighters even, just run.

Ruinous 03-06-2010 09:29 AM

Yup, the dialog says no need to be a hero ;) Running for it is the only way at that point.

Danya 03-07-2010 03:57 PM

Yes!

Thank you all. I finally figured it out and now have gotten to the 'free play' portion of the game. Which makes me even more wish for some sort of guide.

This is a very interesting game. Its sort of like Fallout Tactics meets Space Rangers 2. I think the reviewers were unfair to it, or perhaps they should go play with their Playstation console instead of review PC games.

D

Ruinous 03-07-2010 08:47 PM

I believe Star Wolves 3 was originally an expansion pack for SW2 at least for the russian version, so I'm kinda guessing they set the difficulty to max on the assumption everyone had beat the original game and knew all the tricks to beat seemingly impossible encounters.

If I could mod the game I'd have made all the ships in the game have double or triple armour/shields so it becomes more tactical and less a crap shoot as to whether you can get your team through an encounter without losing their ships (even with a techno-mage/well perked systems guy going full on repair).

Speaking of which, any modders out there? ;)

asadexes 03-07-2010 10:41 PM

Me, and i'm looking around xml files to mod :grin:

Groundtotem 03-08-2010 12:17 AM

Got a problem with a mission, where im supposed to deploy spy satellites in x-54. When i place the last satellite i get a message saying that there's one more to place, the problem is that there's no more locations on the map. So in short i have one more satellite in my cargo bay but no where to put it... I also tried leaving the system but i get insta killed by ships on the other side.

Anyone that have done this mission and can tell me if it's bugged?

Edit: It's he mission you get from Roghem.