Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Leaving, on an airplane! (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=10566)

Zeroptimus 10-15-2009 08:15 PM

Leaving, on an airplane!

So I'm going on a week long trip, so Zero will not be tearing up the skies until Wednesday. In other news, I'm now sitting at my gate, looking at my airplane. After so many hours in Sturmovik, it just looks...simple. I can't help but look at it and think "Eh, I could land that." We've landed aircraft hundreds of times, with the clock ticking down and I-153's and whatnot bearing down on our six. It's no IL-10, but I could do it...I just know once I touch down in Denver for my connecting flight, I'm going to wonder how long we have to sit there to capture the airfield. Anyone else have a new perspective on flying after playing Sturmovik? I won't read this for two hours, so feel free to go wild. Also, I want some bumper stickers for an automobile/airplane. Give me some of your corny ideas.

Flying United Airlines? Psh. I'd rather fly Ilyushin.

My other vehicle is a light bomber.

My other car can do barrel rolls.

Jesus is my tail gunner.

P-51 10-15-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroptimus (Post 111411)
So I'm going on a week long trip, so Zero will not be tearing up the skies until Wednesday. In other news, I'm now sitting at my gate, looking at my airplane. After so many hours in Sturmovik, it just looks...simple. I can't help but look at it and think "Eh, I could land that." We've landed aircraft hundreds of times, with the clock ticking down and I-153's and whatnot bearing down on our six. It's no IL-10, but I could do it...I just know once I touch down in Denver for my connecting flight, I'm going to wonder how long we have to sit there to capture the airfield. Anyone else have a new perspective on flying after playing Sturmovik? I won't read this for two hours, so feel free to go wild. Also, I want some bumper stickers for an automobile/airplane. Give me some of your corny ideas.

Flying United Airlines? Psh. I'd rather fly Ilyushin.

My other vehicle is a light bomber.

My other car can do barrel rolls.

Jesus is my tail gunner.

Jesus is my wingman :p

FOZ_1983 10-15-2009 09:46 PM

Spring chicken to shite hawk in one easy lesson

You could teach.....Monkeys to fly better than that

Dagger dagger dagger dagger

Tally-ho

InfiniteStates 10-16-2009 10:41 AM

Any landing you can walk away from is a good one :)

P-51 10-16-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfiniteStates (Post 111518)

In that case all mine on BOP are truely awefull!

FOZ_1983 10-16-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-51 (Post 111633)
In that case all mine on BOP are truely awefull!

Ah i know your type ;) of of the early fliers, trying to land without wheels :) :grin: :-P ;)

Think we've all been in that position lol.

Crispus222 10-16-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfiniteStates (Post 111518)

No, that is an aviation myth... Don't ever believe that.

InfiniteStates 10-16-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 (Post 111635)
Ah i know your type ;) of of the early fliers, trying to land without wheels :) :grin: :-P ;)

Think we've all been in that position lol.

I spent ages (days) flying around in Ju87s, be it strike or CTA going for the unlocks. The when I had them all I moved onto a Yak or La (don't remember which). First game I played was a CTA and after dying about 8 or 9 times trying to land and thinking this plane was brittle on landing, it dawned on me I had to put the undercarriage down first in this plane...

Man, did I feel stoopid.