Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Daidalos Team discussions (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Unable to play on Windows 11 (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=230763)

nic727 10-19-2022 12:03 AM

Unable to play on Windows 11

Hi,

I transferred the game from my old laptop (Windows 10) to my new one with Windows 11. Same directory, etc.

I also did the 4.15m update and I'm unable to launch the game. It crashs after seeing the icon in my taskbar for 1 second.

What would be the solution?

Thank you

JacksonsGhost 10-19-2022 07:42 AM

Hi nic727,

It could be a file transfer problem or it could be a patch problem.

I can't remember whether a straight transfer of files to a different OS works or not.

Did you try launching the game after transferring the files, but before patching? If not I suggest you do so, even if that means doing a fresh transfer.

Then you will know whether it is a file transfer problem or a patch problem. The solution will be different depending on the problem.

nic727 10-20-2022 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost (Post 721488)
Hi nic727,

It could be a file transfer problem or it could be a patch problem.

I can't remember whether a straight transfer of files to a different OS works or not.

Did you try launching the game after transferring the files, but before patching? If not I suggest you do so, even if that means doing a fresh transfer.

Then you will know whether it is a file transfer problem or a patch problem. The solution will be different depending on the problem.

I will try this weekend and will get back to you.

JacksonsGhost 10-20-2022 05:27 AM

Patch 4.15 can cause launch problems depending on your setup.

You can read all about that in the 4.15 Release thread.

If it is just the patch causing the problem, a quick fix might be to ensure that some form of "Spatial Sound" is enabled in your Windows speaker settings. Until I did that, 4.15 would not launch for me (on Windows 10). If you have a Realtek sound card I would also recommend trying the DSOAL XP install option first. That gave the best EAX capability for my setup (EAX 4), but different setups may require different options.

nic727 10-21-2022 03:39 AM

Alright so I did choose another sound option and it's now kinda work.

I can launch the game, but can Daidalos Team fix the screen resolution of the game?
I have a 3k display laptop.

1. Each time I launch the game, my screen resolution change and it makes everything buggy.
2. Everytime I have to return to desktop and go back into the game or I will not be able to move my cursor. It's been the same on my old laptop.
3. Now it's the first time doing it to me, but I can't play because the resolution of the game is messy and it's like if the game take 3x my display and is placed a bit on the right (I have a big black bar on the left) and I can't access the options.

-----
EDIT: Ok I am able to fix the resolution bug by changing DPI setting of the Il2fb.exe and I was unable to launch the game until I changed my resolution in conf.ini
However, since I have a 16:10 display at 3072x1920, I have two black bars on the side and the game is in a square format. How can I fix that?

EDIT 2: I fixed my problem by changing SaveAspect=1 to 0 in conf.ini - Now all text seems a bit too small because I have a 3k display, but I guess that's the most I can do.