Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Play.com release date change. (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=16708)

Dano 09-28-2010 08:58 AM

Play.com release date change.

Email from play.com this morning:

Quote:

Thank you for your recent Play.com order for IL2: Storm Of War - Battle Of Britain

We have recently been informed by the manufacturer of this product that the release date has been changed to 25-Feb-2011. We have updated this information on site and will endeavour to process your order in readiness to arrive with you on the release date.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support Team

Play.com

leggit 09-28-2010 09:41 AM

from whats been said on the forum over the last few months thats kind of when i was thinking it would be released hope we get an official announcement soon.:)

zapatista 09-28-2010 09:53 AM

i wouldnt call 25th feb 2011 "very soon" (as oleg stated this week), that's about 6 months away

hopefully they got it wrong and just added a block of time to the release date to keep the peasants from revolting and asking for their money back

Ctrl E 09-28-2010 09:54 AM

that date makes sense. we still haven't seen a website or any mention of a publisher. wish it was sooner though.

ZaltysZ 09-28-2010 10:02 AM

The thing is that lots of sites were telling that they know the release date and even taking pre-orders all these years, but so far none was close to truth. Why do you thing this one will be an exception? :)

Tree_UK 09-28-2010 10:07 AM

That date sounds about right to me. Although i had previously predicted march 2011, still it means that Zapatista will have to eat my shorts... YEHAAA :grin::grin:

Feuerfalke 09-28-2010 10:23 AM

I'm pretty sure that play.com knows better than Oleg, who just a few days ago posted, that no releasedate was fixed.

So many people with amnesia and non-functional short-term memory. :rolleyes:

Tree_UK 09-28-2010 10:32 AM

YEEHAAAAA, hang on feuerfalke, I think you might be dining on my shorts too, didn't we have a bet once? :grin:

ZaltysZ 09-28-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tree_UK (Post 185332)
That date sounds about right to me.

Lots of people said almost the same about all the different dates they had seen in all these years. :grin:

Dano 09-28-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feuerfalke (Post 185336)
I'm pretty sure that play.com knows better than Oleg, who just a few days ago posted, that no releasedate was fixed.

So many people with amnesia and non-functional short-term memory. :rolleyes:

The fact that Play have stated that they've changed it due to information from the manufacturer could possibly hint that the publisher has updated them. Read between the lines ;)