Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Birds of Prey trailer (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=3660)

Crazy George 07-31-2008 07:35 AM

Birds of Prey trailer

Hi there.

Here's the recent IL-2 Birds of Prey trailer with a more...'fitting' soundtrack.

Good hunting...

Foo'bar 07-31-2008 08:14 AM

Modern music, and this kind in particular, doesn't fit to those warbirds at all. My opinion.

Roy 07-31-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo'bar (Post 46587)
Modern music, and this kind in particular, doesn't fit to those warbirds at all. My opinion.

Agreed

Snuff_Pidgeon 07-31-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo'bar (Post 46587)

Agreed!

HenFre 07-31-2008 09:53 AM

Have to agree with Foo'bar, Roy and Snuff Pidgeon.. But it still looks like a great game.. :-)

Anton Yudintsev 07-31-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy George (Post 46585)
Hi there.

Good hunting...

"An EGC game production"??

Crazy George 07-31-2008 10:29 AM

Looks like my previous post got eaten by the forum 'daemon'.

The 'EGC Games Production' refers to the actual sound dubbing. We're definately not claiming -or implying- that the original trailer was created by us, neither we are claiming ownership of the original.

As for the 'non-fitting kind of music', let me elaborate...

In my personal opinion, the original music score felt too 'generic' for such a fast paced trailer. Granted, when dealing with a historical themed game, options are limited and more often than not, the obvious choise is to either use something from the particular era/conflict. It could be possible to use Vera Lynn's "We'll meet again" for example or national anthems of the nations involved but it would fall into the 'too generic' atmosphere.

What we're dealing with here are intense dogfights with fighters travelling in excess of 400 Km/h, aiming to blow each other out of the sky. Thus, a fast paced, hard hitting soundtrack would -again in my personal opinion- would fit what takes place in the screen better. Granted, the selected track is 40 or more years after the historical events but it does transpire what the scene footage is about. Before you ask, I am not a fan of 'that kind of music'. Nevertheless, what we have here is a song with the Battle of Britain events overlaid over scenes depicting perhaps the same conflict possessing a fast tempo, solid melody -which undoubtedly falls within personal taste-.

Good hunting.

P.S. It could have been worse :)

GF_Mastiff 07-31-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy George (Post 46594)

P.S. It could have been worse :)

Yes I think deflepord would of been better

Metatron 07-31-2008 02:38 PM

We're talking Iron Maiden here!

Not their best song, but still - respect.

Thunderbolt56 07-31-2008 04:44 PM

I liked it just fine though I'd clarify the ECG Games thing in the trailer itself. It could be potentially misleading.