Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Fulqrum Publishing online distribution (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Kings Bounty Crossworlds (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=16679)

Chefman 09-27-2010 12:31 AM

Kings Bounty Crossworlds

Can anyone tell me which place to download this game so I can grab the texture files needed for the editor? There is so much out there about this it's making my head spin. One of the reasons I want to get this game is for the editor and so many downloads DON'T have the files necessary to use it. So? Which download should I get?

ironfelix 09-27-2010 06:53 AM

There are lots of places to buy the game - 1cpublishing.com, Steam, GamersGate, Direct2Drive, Impulse, Amazon... choose whichever you prefer.

Chefman 09-28-2010 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironfelix (Post 185002)
There are lots of places to buy the game - 1cpublishing.com, Steam, GamersGate, Direct2Drive, Impulse, Amazon... choose whichever you prefer.

Well I downloaded it from 1C (got sent to the YUplay for the actual download) and guess what???

There are NO TEXTURE FILES in the download for the editor. The editor itself is there. But when you go to do the landscape, it says the landscape textures etc are not loaded. I searched all over the download, I searched all through the folders the game created. There are no landscape texture files in the sourcemedia folder or the actual game folders. There is no file called setup_media.exe anywhere I can find. If you know where to find it, please let me know.

What good is having a editor with all the decorations, scripts etc if you can't make the actual land mass? :( Please, there has to be a place to get the files necessary for the editor to work as described. If not, I would at least like to get a refund here so I can buy it through Steam so I can download the 11 gig of files uncompressed from them. At least I would have the actual game that you advertise with all it's features working.

megakill 09-28-2010 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chefman (Post 185274)
Well I downloaded it from 1C (got sent to the YUplay for the actual download) and guess what???

There are NO TEXTURE FILES in the download for the editor. The editor itself is there. But when you go to do the landscape, it says the landscape textures etc are not loaded. I searched all over the download, I searched all through the folders the game created. There are no landscape texture files in the sourcemedia folder or the actual game folders. There is no file called setup_media.exe anywhere I can find. If you know where to find it, please let me know.

What good is having a editor with all the decorations, scripts etc if you can't make the actual land mass? :( Please, there has to be a place to get the files necessary for the editor to work as described. If not, I would at least like to get a refund here so I can buy it through Steam so I can download the 11 gig of files uncompressed from them. At least I would have the actual game that you advertise with all it's features working.

We will test this problem. However Yuplay version of the game should have a compressed file with all textures of around 2 gig size.

Chefman 09-28-2010 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megakill (Post 185281)
We will test this problem. However Yuplay version of the game should have a compressed file with all textures of around 2 gig size.

Where? The file downloaded was 1.41 gig total.

I can't find the setup_media.exe file anywhere. I can't find any of the landscape texture files. I even searched *all* the .kts files for the needed landscape files (such as humen_darkgrass_06 etc,) and I can't find them.

All that is visable in the download is the setup.exe (for the game) and the 3 bin files you can't view. There is no other files downloaded.

Give it a try and download it from there. And if you find the files, please tell me where. :( I could very well be doing something wrong, but I seriously don't think so.

Nike-it 09-28-2010 07:17 AM

We are trying to solve this issue ASAP, in any case in several hours we'll post the link for textures pack on our FTP for the ones, who have problems. Just give us some time to upload it.

Chefman 09-28-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nike-it (Post 185288)
We are trying to solve this issue ASAP, in any case in several hours we'll post the link for textures pack on our FTP for the ones, who have problems. Just give us some time to upload it.

Thank you, :) I really appreciate you folks looking into this and providing us with a fix for this problem.

trweyuywi 03-14-2012 04:15 AM

http://www.webcam-steamate.com/cookies/43/b/happy.gif

The third release in the series includes the Orcs on the March expansion (which is the expanded version of Princess in Armour campaign, with totally rebalanced orcs), the two new independent campaigns Champion of the Arena and Defender of the Crown and an editor with help system. The editor allows the user to create additional content for the game and alter it in any way.

sdjhdfhr 03-17-2012 04:13 AM

http://www.webcam-steamate.com/cookies/43/b/happy.gif

I have the impulse version, bought King's Bounty AP through impulse nearly last year.

Got crossworlds as an add-on, (which forced me to redownload and reinstall King's Bounty AP, since they use a different directory now).

I can't apply the hot-fix though. It says I don't have King's Bounty AP installed or something of that nature. :( I guess I have to wait for impulse to update it on their end.

As a side note, I've noticed a bug that occurs occasionally when I am fighting with orcs (I hate them... they are so overpowered to fight against now), where it says some script error and "abort/retry/ignore". I ignore it, and all seems well.

Does this hotfix patch that?

lordkevin 12-05-2012 06:12 AM

Thanks for the nice post...