Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   OK.. so moving right along...... (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=1958)

Bearcat 10-01-2007 09:06 PM

OK.. so moving right along......

Now that we have enough of the useless "I cant think of anything else to say so I'll just rehash one of the old clices... ie... 50s, elevator etc etc etc... "posts....

I am wondering if this forum means that 1C is planning to publish it's own stuff in the future w/o UBI.... and does anyone think that would be a good thing... or not?

Bearcat 10-01-2007 09:07 PM

Oh... and that elevat6or wasn't porked..LOL.. it was GONE... LOL

fly_zo 10-01-2007 09:30 PM

well if they planing to go independent i'm all for that... and regarding Ubi ... lets look on the bright (yellow ) side - imagine that it is Eidos insted (horror!!)

Shadow 10-01-2007 09:32 PM

I can't say that it would be a bad thing if UBI was out of the picture.

Too many times they f**ked with Oleg's fine releases, annoying many players in the process.

I think that this sim (BOB), prolly has enough momentum that it doesn't need to have a big name publisher behind it anyway.

I think if was released as an indie it would likely sell near as many copies without all the DRM issues, boonty etc. The core simmers realize that a purchase will help keep 1C in business and stealing it won't.

flox 10-01-2007 09:33 PM

Whether 1C without UBI would be a good thing I can't say for sure, but it seems to me that UBI hasn't done anything particularly great for 1C in terms of promotion or publication (wasn't the Boontybox debacle UBI's doing?)

JG52Uther 10-01-2007 10:23 PM

Well much as I dislike ubi, would we have got this sim at all without their backing in the early days?

Monterey 10-01-2007 10:55 PM

Glad to be here, and see all the old faces. I won't be going back"over there".

Brain32 10-01-2007 10:57 PM

"Over there" is not that bad, selective reading helps, and with all the whining and b1tching I did there, I really polished up my english 8) :lol:

DKoor 10-01-2007 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG52Uther
Well much as I dislike ubi, would we have got this sim at all without their backing in the early days?

+1

B16Enk 10-01-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG52Uther

+1

That said UBI has done it's job, remains to be seen if 1C have the connections to draw in new blood (which UBI undeniably would if motivation is there - big caveat) but for sure they have a following, a vociferous one at that (where's the spell check..poxy phpBB should have gone with SMF 1C!) who will sell on their behalf.

We here will buy regardless of the publisher, it's how 1C get it to people who don't know of their fine pedigree that is the question.